Omaha Permanent Diaconate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morality by Deacon Keating

3 posters

Go down

Morality by Deacon Keating Empty Morality by Deacon Keating

Post by Moose55 Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:51 am

Was anyone else as blown away last night as I was? What a presentation! I have listened to Jim before, but he has never grabbed me as he did last night. He had me from begining to end. I knew that he knows his Theology, but I never thought that I would be that enthused and excited about it. I can't wait for the next 2 weeks now. My paper on Christology had to stretch to make 3 pages. After last night I will have to edit to get this one down to 5!

Moose55

Back to top Go down

Morality by Deacon Keating Empty Morality by Deacon Keating

Post by Mike DeSelm Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:12 am

What did he say that was so interesting to you? Can you give us some of his talking points?
Very Happy Thanks for using the Forum! This is what it is for! bounce
Mike DeSelm
Mike DeSelm
Admin

https://omahadeacon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Morality by Deacon Keating Empty Re: Morality by Deacon Keating

Post by babyjay Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:16 pm

Yes, I was completely blown away by Dr. Keating's presentation Tuesday night. There were so many wonderful things he said there's no way to repeat them all! I liked what he said about not letting people make us less than we are. As deacons, we are (or will be) clergy. As husbands, fathers, business managers, teachers, laborers, etc, we are laity. And we should not let people take either away from us!

He made me so aware of my need to lose my attachments to sin. As he recommended, that is what I plan to focus on in my spiritual direction.

babyjay

Back to top Go down

Morality by Deacon Keating Empty Re: Morality by Deacon Keating

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum