Omaha Permanent Diaconate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Council Support for the new FORUM

Go down

Council Support for the new FORUM Empty Council Support for the new FORUM

Post by Paul Rooney Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:04 am

I remember the beginnings of the national/international "Deacon Line." I joined in 1996, and at that time there were less than 50 deacons registered (i.e., maybe 2% of all USA deacons). It has now grown to over 500. So about 5% of the Omaha community has registered - I call that a "normal" growth pattern. (What I find Really Strange is that the full Council membership, and all Area Reps and back-ups haven't signed up... Where does Commitment begin, except at the "TOP"? Are you Council Members ALL Really in favor of the Forum? Well.....?)

The point: this Forum I would expect to have the same slow grow. It really takes time to get people interested, i.e. Busy people, and there is also the more active national line in competition.
Secondly, people "let their hair down" much more on the national line, I would think, since CONFIDENTIALITY is stressed Very Strongly on the natinal line.

The biggest thing going for a Local deacon internet Chat Net is sharing local concerns, with people we know, rather than 'strangers' (sort of).

Give it time... It will grow... PROVIDED the existing 5% start using it. People have to SEE what is being said to get interested...

Paul
Paul Rooney
Paul Rooney

http://www.angelfire.com/ne/DeaconPaul/

Back to top Go down