Omaha Permanent Diaconate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Declining Attendance

Go down

Declining Attendance Empty Declining Attendance

Post by Paul Rooney Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:59 pm

It looks like the perennial problem of "declining attendance" appears at all levels: this new Forum; picnics; Area Meetings; and if you took away "Mandatory" attendance for formandi on 3rd Saturdays, maybe that too?

Question: how can one best get Feedback from the community on "Why" the decline; and secondly, how could we get the Absentees (i.e., the Declinees) somehow communicate their reasons why they no longer attend - or at least infrequently?

Council: perhaps we need a one-shot letter to everyone, asking for such a response? It could include a third item: What would you like to see that would make you Want to attend again, in two categories: Area Meetings, and 3rd Saturdays?

Just a thought...

Paul
Paul Rooney
Paul Rooney

http://www.angelfire.com/ne/DeaconPaul/

Back to top Go down

Declining Attendance Empty Declining Attendance - p.s.

Post by Paul Rooney Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:53 am

I am adding a word of clarification of what I meant by a one-shot letter.

I am talking about a one-issue letter, sent to Each deacon and/or wife Individually, signed by the Council President (and/or Fr. Rodney).

An indinvidual letter, NOT a form letter, is much more likely to get a response than a "group letter," or a "survey form" (I hate those)...

Expensive mailing? Yes. But how important do you think the 'problem' of declining attendance is? Is it worth a FOCUSED, one-shot, Individualized effort? I think so.

Paul
Paul Rooney
Paul Rooney

http://www.angelfire.com/ne/DeaconPaul/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum